Thursday, December 24, 2009

Count your many blessings, name them one by one....

Dear God,

Thank you for blessing my life so abundantly. Thank you for my strife and my smile, because they both have their proper place in my life. Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for pushing back when I push you away. Thank you for giving me peace when I come to you with an honest heart and ask for it. Thank you for the blessings that I don't see and even more for the blessings that I do

1. My kids... I literally don't know what I would do without them. They make me who I am. They make me better than I could have been on my own.

2. My husband... I know that I do not deserve this man's love. I do not deserve all of the goodness and patience in his soul... but I am so thankful for it.

3. My brothers and sisters... they are a part of my soul. I love them more than they will ever know. I am so thankful for their babies who I absolutely could not live without. I love each and every one of them in a different way and wish there was a way to hug them tight enough to let them know just how much they mean to me.

4. My four parents... they are all so different... and I would rather hang out with them than just about anyone in the world. I have the most hilarious parents ever. They are so far up my business that I can't breathe sometimes, but I swear I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so lucky that I have been able to watch them get older and crazier... and crankier.

5. Landizee. Enough said.

6. My closest and truest friends in the world. The ones that are there to call me on my crap. The ones that are there to hold my hand and never judge me. The ones that accept me for who I am, who know the real me regardless of my actions. The ones who are patient enough for me to figure out my crap, give me tissues and take me shopping. Heather Marie. Warren. Tashina. Katie. I love you. Thank you for being all that you are to me.

I am blessed in so many ways... I'm blessed to live in this country, I'm blessed to have a flower bed full of pine cones outside a home that I love... where the maple leaves littering my yard always make me smile. I'm blessed to have my job. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm blessed to have finally bought my Mercedes... but I sure do love that car :)

Thank you God. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for giving me more than I deserve.

Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas to my lovely little reading posse.

No comments:

Post a Comment