Monday, December 28, 2009

"what's love but a sweet old fashioned notion"--Tina Turner

I haven't blogged in days! Christmas eve was crazy. Mike and I were awake until after the alarm went off to get up wrapping santa presents... well I was up wrapping... he was an awesome spectator though. This year's christmas loot was considerably smaller than the past few years, but this year has been out of control for us. The kids were completely satisfied with everything Santa brought, they got everything they wanted. All Avery Grace asked for was a Tinkerbell watch and a DVD player. Cameron asked for a scooter and a new TV, but was most impressed with his DSI. I think that one suprised him more than anything because we literally never even mentioned it at all. As far as the rest of the family, I was extremely disappointed in my sister, both of them actually. What can you do though? I guess family and keeping your kids involved just isn't a priority for everyone. I must learn to accept things that I cannot change. The rest of the kids, minus Blayton and Bristol of course, had a blast. They were hilarious with their Snuggies and stools... and I must say that they were a HUGE hit. Jeff said that the Snuggies were the first thing that the kids told their mom about when he took them home. You really have to check out all the pics... most specifically the ones of the kids doing the Snuggie dance. Hysterical.

Saturday was such a laid back day. Avery Grace and I hit the Easy Bake hard. I let her go at it mostly by herself and she did great. As much as I deny it in front of everyone, I know that child is my clone. She is so damn independent that I can't stand her sometimes. She'll tell me "I don't need you to help me, I can do it by myself"... and the minute she runs into trouble, it's instant attitude problem. Just watching her and dealing with her lets me know just what an absolute handfull I am to live with. Sorry guys ;) The pics are uploaded and they are great. Check em out. We spent the evening in Leesburg and all except for me being ridiculous in my stillettos shlepping around the mall, it was such a fun night. I don't care what kind of mood I'm in, shopping speaks to me. I don't care if I don't buy anything for myself (but let's just be honest, that doesn't happen all that often), I can't be unhappy when I'm getting my shop on.

Just a quick side note... I felt like the lamest chick around, but I actually met the dude bff at Connections Saturday night for a quick minute. Yes, I went to Connections. The worst part of it all was that it wasn't that bad. I had a good time seeing everyone... and I got carded :) I don't care how dark and smoky it was in there, I so got carded.... and for what it's worth, my dude bff is the BEST... and not just because he's mine, he really is the best.

On today's docket, job interview, finding an economical Afrika Bambaataa tshirt, and trying to get rid of the stupid static cling that is driving me mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment