Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"I'm not one to 'you know', you know, but the girl sure gets along with the booze Agnes"

BBC America is absoutely ridiculously addictive. I cannot stop watching it.Those brits sure have some moxy, most specifically the pair of hilarious broads on How Clean Is Your House. My DVR is flooded with How Clean is Your House episodes and I watched three episodes while I was getting ready for work this morning alone. Those are some seriously tough chicks. This morning Aggie bent over and picked up a dry brown chunk with bits of hair on it, bare handed, and says "Oh I think this is a turd" and just set it back down. OMG. I don't consider myself to be overly squeamish, but I certainly know my threshold... and 90% of what they touch, bare handed no less, is beyond it. I LOVE it. One of my new year's resolutions is to behave more British... Whether they're talking turds or having tea and crumpets, they're still completely fabulous.

Last night I got to spend some time with one of my dearest friends. It got quite emotional, but I think it needed to. I needed to cry with my friend, I needed to be real with her, I needed to get it out. While my heart felt absolutely no relief whatsoever, my soul did. When all was said and done, my heart was still pieces but I had more peace of mind. I guess I just wanted to scream to the world that I'm NOT okay, that things are NOT what they seem... but you can't exactly scream something like that to the world because frankly, most of it already has their mind made up anyway.... but it felt good to say it to my friend and know that she understood.

Christmas came a little early for me this morning! There is a regular guest that is just the sweetest person ever that I talk to at length about, well, everything. We talk shop a lot. He really digs my style and laughs about the extensiveness and broad spectrum of clothes I have. I am literally taking up 85% of the closet at this point. Well he handed me $100 bill for a New Year's outfit and simply says "Merry Christmas".  WHAT?! OMG! I was STUNNED. I didn't want to take it because that's just... well, wow... but he insisited and I saw how happy it made him to do it. OOOOMMMMG! I am so excited to shop today because sparkle scenerio number one for New Year's Eve is going to happen :)

By the way, speaking of fashion... I finally got around to catching the Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 show this morning... Oh holy night... I am head over ankles. The silhouettes he's introducing have me speechless. As with most runway pieces, you couldn't pull off the exact dramatic lines on the street (unless you're Lady GaGa), but a toned down version is definately in the works for me.

And the last bit of clothes trash talk, a special little bit of thanks goes out to the chemistry behind dryer shrinkage without which the lovely vintage sweater that pairs so nicely with my new brown booties would not have made it to my wardrobe and put a big smile on my face this morning. Loves my Brenda.

Cameron told me he needs some mommy and son crafting time. How irresistably cute is that? We're going to shoot for finishing the little felt gingerbread house I started making for Avery and just haven't had it in me to finish alone. I'm looking forward to it. I miss creating... I'm hoping inspiration might start coming back to me soon. Until then I'll just rely on the bouts of inspiration that the kids get and help them run with their ideas. My son amazes me everyday. Even in the midst of thinks just sucking like crazy, I know how blessed I am.

Song of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment